At the end of the article, you will know – What is Organic Food – Definition, Why Eat, Is Organic Food Healthier and what are the Benefits of Organic Food. Let’s answer these question one by one.
What is Organic Food – Definition
So, what does organic really mean? Well, some people would say that all carbon-based molecules are organic but if you follow that analogy petroleum itself would technically be termed organic. But I don’t think so. Simply organic means produce that is grown and processed without the use of synthetic chemical-based fertilizers and pesticides. Also, no genetically modified organisms are allowed.
Is Organic Food Healthier?
At every stage of production, an organic farmer makes a very conscious decision to have its little an impact on the environment as possible. They always put the health and well-being of the consumer first which is where it should be. Organic Food is also called authentic food. They are grown on an organic farm. Unlike normal food, organic products are usually grown without pesticides and chemical fertilizers.
Now, we all know that organic foods are those, which are prepared and packaged without the use of any chemical. In terms of health, it is better when compared to other foods. This is the reason why the organic industry is growing rapidly. We must know benefits of organic food well.
It assures to be of high quality, but it is not so with other traditional foods. Due to being natural, fresh and tasty. It is expensive by up to 20 percent compared to normal food. For this reason, people like to grow in the garden of their own home. Its quality is attracting people too. It is difficult to distinguish between normal foods and the same because they look alike in color, shape, and type.
Why Eat Organic Food?
- Organic crops are natural, there is no use of a chemical to grow. It contains essential elements like vitamins, minerals, proteins, calcium, iron etc. These are the things that keep the body healthy.
- These foods are rich in nutritiousness and flavor. Although they are not as colorful and presentable as they are kept in the shops.
- Research suggests that organic is more nutritious than 10 to 50 percent compared to conventional food.
- You can reduce the risk of health-related problems.
- It has variety. Officers of the certification body regularly visit the tour to inspect the variety or the plant where organic foodstuff grew. They keep tracking that these foods are being grown by keeping the quality fixed.
- These foods are safe for a longer time than traditional food.
- It contains phenolic compounds that protect our heart from the risks of cardiovascular disease and cancer.
- Food farm animals also come under organic farming, which is cared for without the use of injections. Farmers take special care of these things.
- Fruits and vegetables grown in organic farms have more antioxidants compared to other yields.
Benefits of Organic Food
Major health concern of organic food is that it does not contain pesticides. Most insecticides are chemicals such as organophosphorus, which increase the risk of problems like autism and ADHD. So, choosing organic products means you are saving your children from poisonous substances that can be a hindrance to their development.
Organic foods do not contain any kind of chemical. So it helps to make you healthy. The nutrients present in organic foods protect against dangerous diseases such as heart diseases, blood pressure problem, migraine, diabetes, and cancer. So, benefits of organic food are not up to the limit. The body’s immune system becomes strong which also does not increase your weight. It tastes better and it also shines the skin.
More antioxidant capacity
In many studies, it has been found that organic products contain more antioxidants. This is because the chemicals of pesticides cannot affect the different nutrients that are good for your health and save you from diseases.
Better for the environment
No use chemical in organic products causes minimal damage to the soil, air, and water. Apart from this, natural habitats are less threatened.
Must Read: Rapid Weight loss diet
Before Buying Foods
Knowing benefits, we must aware of purchasing items.
- Confirm the label or logo on the packet.It has the mark of the official certification body monitoring the production and processing.
- Be sure to keep information related to authorized organizations to sell organic around you.
- In some countries, prices can vary from 10 to 200 percent. It depends on where the shopkeeper bought the goods from. So, do shopping accordingly.
If you also want to give yourself a healthy lifestyle, then add some organic food to your diet.
This is all about – What is Organic Food – Definition, Why Eat, Is Organic Food Healthier and what are the Benefits of Organic Food.
If you like feel free to share with others.